Tag Archives: Ghanekar House

This installment presents some of the surviving aesthetic treasures of Panjim. The man responsible for parlaying what was once a swamp into one of the world’s most beautiful cities was the Portuguese Viceroy D. Manoel Francisco de Portugal e Castro. It was during his tenure, 1827-1835, that the marshland was reclaimed and the city’s layout […]

View full post »